Yes, you can
It’s normal for clients to use numbing cream during tattoo sessions, and tattoo artists are generally familiar with its use. Some artists even offer numbing cream themselves as part of their service.
In my last tattoo, the tattoo artist was going to do some single needle work toward the end of the sessions and so she knows how painful it is and offered to put the numbing cream before we get to that part.
If you choose to bring your own numbing cream, the tattoo artist may ask you to show them the product to ensure that it’s safe and won’t interfere with the tattooing process. They may also have specific instructions on how to apply the cream, as some types require a certain amount of time to take effect.
Overall, a tattoo artist is likely to respect your decision to use numbing cream and should be willing to work with you to ensure that you’re as comfortable as possible during your tattoo session.
Should I apply it before going to the session?
If your tattoo artist is cool, you can chill and apply it at the place. It will take around 30 minutes to take effect, but then again, generally sessions don’t start right away.
We suggest you speak about it with your artist, then apply the cream, and then you’ll fill out the consent form and wait for the artist to complete the stencil and apply it to you. That should give the cream enough time to take effect.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of the numbing cream may vary depending on factors such as the strength of the cream, the area of the body being tattooed, and individual pain tolerance. So, even with the numbing cream, you may still feel some level of discomfort during the tattoo session.
Also, it’s important to communicate with your tattoo artist about your use of numbing cream. They may have specific instructions on how to apply the cream, and they may need to adjust their technique or work in a way that accommodates the use of the cream.
What should I consider before buying a numbing cream?
- Ingredients: Look for a numbing cream that contains safe and effective ingredients such as lidocaine, prilocaine, or benzocaine. Avoid numbing creams that contain harsh chemicals or irritants that could damage your skin.
- Strength: Consider the strength of the numbing cream. Some creams may have a higher concentration of numbing agents than others, so be sure to choose a cream that is strong enough to provide adequate pain relief.
- Duration: Look for a numbing cream that has a long-lasting effect. Some creams may only last for 30 minutes, while others can provide relief for several hours.
- Brand reputation: Choose a numbing cream from a reputable brand. Look for customer reviews and ratings to ensure that the product is safe and effective.
- Application method: Consider the application method of the numbing cream. Some creams require a longer application time, while others are designed to work quickly. Choose a cream that is easy to apply and suits your preferences.
We recommend TattooNumbX. You can order in the US but also in Europe, they are safe and very effective and have the fairest price on the market: 17$. In addition, you can a 10% discount if you apply the code WIZARD10 at the check-out.